This hands-on lab provides 12 exercises in extending the Web Service Software Factory: Modeling Edition. While most users will not need to modify the factory to the extent that these exercises cover, these are a great way to understand the architecture of the factory from how DSLs are integrated with guidance packages to code generation.
The six core exercises cover adding a new model to the factory:
- Exercise 1: Creating a New Solution Structure
- Exercise 2: Integrating a Solution Structure in the Service Factory
- Exercise 3: Creating a Business Entity DSL
- Exercise 4: Creating a Text Template
- Exercise 5: Adding a Model Template to the Service Factory
- Exercise 6: Adding Code Generation to a Model in Service Factory
The six additional exercises cover additional extensibility scenarios:
- Exercise 7: Changing Code Generation
- Exercise 8: Adding Extenders
- Exercise 9: Adding Validation
- Exercise 10: Adding Import Functionality
- Exercise 11: Adding Export Functionality
- Exercise 12: Pre-populating the Model Project
There are two versions of the Extending the Service Factory Hands-on Lab. A ZIP file and a self extracting EXE. Vista users should use the self extracting archive to workaround an issue with Vista's extraction feature.