Uninstallation instructions for V3B38

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 2, 2007 at 4:42 PM
Edited May 2, 2007 at 5:03 PM
According to Service Factory V3b38 release notes in Getting Started document. First step is to uninstall the previous version by using the Add/Remove Program. However, it is not clear how one can uninstall the earlier one as the earlier installation is not populated in normal program list.

When I try uninstall the previous version by using right click of the previous version "Service Factory Guidance Package Setup" and selecting uninstall. I receive a message saying that it’s only possible to uninstall for product that are currently be installed.
This sounds a bit wired as I can still use the previous version on this machine. Any tips? Do I really need to care the un-installation step?

Regards,
Alexander

May 2, 2007 at 10:27 PM
I think our instructions are unclear. You should definitely uninstall the binary drop before trying to install the latest source drop but the source drops do not require uninstallation before installing a new source drop.

Does this clarify things?

Ade
May 3, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Edited May 3, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Ade,

Yes it does.... last question remains from this topic... Do I have to uninstall/unregister somehow the V3B27 registered guidance package prior to registering new V3B38 guidance package?

Alexander
May 3, 2007 at 7:12 PM

alexanderQX wrote:

Do I have to uninstall/unregister somehow the V3B27 registered guidance package prior to registering new V3B38 guidance package?

Alexander

You shouldn't need to do this. You should however reset the VS Experimental hive between builds.