Ability to change templates for the code genration.

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Apr 11, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Hi,

Please let me know if I will be able to change t4 templates of the code generation.
Is scenerio when I can to change this templates for particular project available/planed?
Apr 11, 2007 at 1:25 PM
You can change whatever template you want in the packages.
Can you elaborate further your requirement/question regarding the t4 update?
Apr 11, 2007 at 2:01 PM
Imagin that I have two different project running at the same time. I need to be able to configure Service Factory to generate different code.

Or another situation is when I change something in my local templates, my peers need ability to use them.

I am asking this becouse, now I am developing solution similiar to the Enterprise Framework Factory (Also using GAX and DSL), and I choose to store templates in the solution to support scenarious that I had described. May be you have another solution.
Apr 12, 2007 at 3:37 AM
I would rather prefer to have all my templates within the package and select dynamically the templates according to the kind of projects (might be VB/C# or whatever criteria you have) and perform the text template execution regardless of the template you choose. You can have an action in your recipe that executes before the template execution and select the appropiate template according to your criteria and that should nail down the scenario.

Charly.