First v3 drop is available!

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Apr 7, 2007 at 1:22 AM
Edited Apr 7, 2007 at 1:24 AM
I'm not sure how often you check the "Releases" tab or which RSS feeds (if any) you're subscribing to, so I thought this might be the best way to let you know we're started dropping community releases of v3. It won't take you long to see it is quite different from v2. You may have to install a few new things before you can install it, but all of that is explained in the StartHere.htm document.

I would also recommend, if you're going to have a look at this drop, that you use the walkthrough. I spent a lot of time putting it together in hopes that you would be able to evaluate this (and future drops) without having to sacrifice a lot of your time to do so. Let me know if you find it helpful or if you have any other feedback about it - I did it for you, not me. Okay, well maybe a little of it was for me ... I'm hoping more of you will send me feedback based on how I integrated the questions ... but you'll see what I mean.

I will also be doing a short video within the next few days that shows off this drop.

You can download this release right over here

As always, looking forward to your feedback!

Don Smith
Product Manager
Service Factory
Apr 9, 2007 at 6:09 PM
Edited Apr 9, 2007 at 6:09 PM
I just wanted to make everyone aware of an issue we've found with this drop that might affect some of you. After installing this drop, you will not be able to use the winforms designer until you uninstall the drop, which we've confirmed does eliminate this issue. We will be sure to fix this before the next drop. Sorry for any inconvenience.

On a brighter note, I've already began getting great feedback from you about the drop. Muchos Gracias. Later this week I'll work out a way to make all of this feedback more visible to you through this site.

Don
Apr 10, 2007 at 7:10 PM
Another known issue that currently the DSL installers will require you to have VB.NET installed. We'll be looking into his before the next drop.

Ade
Apr 10, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2007 at 7:38 PM
Since I have VB.NET installed, I threw together a little video of me using this drop. Check it out if you're interested ... it may just make you want to download it ... even if it means installing VB for the time being :D

Don
Apr 18, 2007 at 10:26 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2007 at 10:27 PM
The new source code drop fixes the WinForms issue:

http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3411