Creating a new guidance package

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum
Mar 29, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to create a new guidance package by exporting a modified version of the web services software factory. I've hit a problem when it comes to building the solution before registering it. For some reason The variable place holders (i.e. $ClientProjectName$) are resulting in a compile error.

What is really strange is that if I open the Web Service Software Factory source code, without any modifications, I see the same errors but it will still build.

Am I missing a trick here. I have been following the 'How To' step in the help. There are some areas where the instructions have not meshed perfectly with the files but I think I have resolved those issues.

Any help would be much appreciated. This will be an exciting opportunity to standardize or application delivery if I can master the editing of guidance packages to fit our corporate standards.

Thanks,

Geordie
Developer
Mar 30, 2007 at 2:33 AM
The file with that placeholders (templates) should have these properties set as follow:
  • Build Action: Content
  • Copy to Output Directory: Copy Always
Check that you have all the files under Templates folder markes as mentioned above.
This basically means that these files should be part of the build process and therefore should not throw any compilation error.

Charly
Mar 30, 2007 at 5:06 AM
Thanks Charly,

It worked. One step closer.

Thanks again.

Geordie