Wrong Hands-on Labs?

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum
Feb 13, 2007 at 6:16 PM
I've downloaded the Dec release and the latest release of the hands-on labs. Is there something wrong with the HOL? I get stuck in exercise 1 (!) where it says I should point to "Service Factory - Data Acess" to change the business logic project responsability. I don't have any checkbox to select "Business Entities" or "Data Access". Later, in exercise 5, it says to select the Host project and point again at "Service Factory - Data Access" and add a new connection. There is no such option.
Am I using the wrong HOL or is this really outdated?
Feb 13, 2007 at 6:35 PM
Exploring this issue, the problem seams to be in the Data Access Guidance Package setup. When I go to Guidance Package Manager, and try to enable "Web Service Software Factory (Data Access)" I get this error: "Connot load Package...". The details show: "System.TypeLoadException: Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library.Actions.CreateUnboundReferenceAction, Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Couldn't find assembly Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library. (...)".
Any idea please?
Developer
Feb 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM
HI Hugo,

Can you post the complete stack trace and details on how did you try to install the package?

Thanks,
Charly.
Digit Factory SRL
Feb 13, 2007 at 7:55 PM
The problem is that I didn't install the Guidance Automation Toolkit.
I found this thread that explains it:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/messageboard/thread.aspx?id=91936c5e-461f-4027-bdba-8a46f52fefdb&threadid=4b0cad6d-6770-44fe-9265-417fd21b1ef7

And this one that explains how to solve an error that I was also getting when trying to install GAT on Windows Vista:

http://www.xerratus.com/2007/01/19/InstallingGuidanceAutomationToolkitOnVistaError2869Workaround.aspx

The strange thing is that after trying to install GAT for the first time (when I got the 2869 error), the Data Access package started to work. It seems that the GAT install undo didn't undo everything.

Thanks anyway for your attention.