Hands-on-Lab: Creating database error

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum
Feb 6, 2007 at 10:03 AM
Edited Feb 6, 2007 at 10:07 AM
Hi,

I've downloaded the Hands-on-lab and tired to create the database with CreateCohoDatabase.cmd. (I'm using Vista/VS.NET2005Prof/SQL2005, I've changed the server instance name in the command file), but the sql server said:

• Sql server instance set to .\sql2005
  • Changed database context to 'CohoWinery'.
  • Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Server SZILVI\SQL2005, Procedure MembersInTasting, Line 3
  • Invalid object name 'dbo.TastingMembers'.
  • Msg 15135, Level 16, State 8, Server SZILVI\SQL2005, Procedure spaddextendedproperty, Line 37_
  • Object is invalid. Extended properties are not permitted on 'dbo.MembersInTasting', or the object does not exist.
What's wrong?

Thanks,

Peter
Developer
Feb 8, 2007 at 6:19 PM
Hi Peter,

I just uploaded a fix for this issue. You can find it in the WSSF home page.
Here is the link for the fixed CohoWinery.sql file: http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Project/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=6656

Hernan
Sep 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM
I just grabbed this file along with the lasted HOL but it still doesn't work for the ASMX HOL. Here's the output (using SQL Express):

C:\download\AsmxHol>CreateCohoDatabase.cmd
Sql server instance set to .\sqlexpress
Changed database context to 'CohoWinery'.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Server STUBBS\SQLEXPRESS, Procedure MembersInTasting, Line 3
Invalid object name 'dbo.cwt_TastingMembers'.
Msg 15135, Level 16, State 8, Server STUBBS\SQLEXPRESS, Procedure sp_addextended property, Line 37
Object is invalid. Extended properties are not permitted on 'dbo.MembersInTasting', or the object does not exist.
Msg 15135, Level 16, State 8, Server STUBBS\SQLEXPRESS, Procedure sp_addextended property, Line 37
Object is invalid. Extended properties are not permitted on 'dbo.MembersInTasting', or the object does not exist.
Finished!

hernandelahitte wrote:
Hi Peter,

I just uploaded a fix for this issue. You can find it in the WSSF home page.
Here is the link for the fixed CohoWinery.sql file: http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Project/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=6656

Hernan

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:33 PM
Hi,
I had the same problems in the ASMX HOL. The problem is that the script is not sequenced correctly and the TastingMembers object is being created (in sequence) after the sp that references it... couple of things you can do
(1) just run the script again.. it will recreate the problem procedure because the object would have been created after the error
(2) manually resequence the script.. i did this and found a few more errors.. i ultimately ended up with a clean script but it took a little while ...
Im not sure why this happens.. its been a long time since i did db scripting but from memory the enterprise manager (or now the management studio) scripts were in correct dependency sequence (or maybe they arent and thats the problem with the HOL scripts)...

HTH,
cheers,
benjy
Jun 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Can you please provide me the URL to download the Cohowinery HOL and  DB .

I couldnt find any where...

Thanks

Developer
Jun 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM

This sample was replaced with this Hands on lab, http://servicefactory.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=7846