Guidance Package - Existing projects

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hello all,

We have existing projects that we want to be used in the Service Factory for the roles BusinessEntities and BusinessLogic, These projects

are reusable libraries and for now, are referenced in others solutions.

I want to create a service that will reuse some of these libraries, and export data and operations contracts on top of them.

Is it possible to reference these projects in Service Factory using the 'Add Existing Project' ?

I performed the two first exercices of the Extensibility hands-on lab but i have to admit that i am a little lost ... :(

Any help will be very appreciated !

Thank you

Yohann

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Hi Yohann,

You can always add your projects or binaries as references to any WSSF project. However the suggested way to use your business assets (BL & BE) is by mapping your BEs to your DataContracts with the translators. This way you only expose the DC types and you keep encapsulated under the service bounday your BI and BL. As you may have noticed you can add the translator to your service implementation project and set references ti your DC and BE projects.

More on translators in this search.

Regards,

Hernan

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Hi Hernan,

First of all, thank you for your help!

You are right, i am going to map my business entities to data contracts using translator.

However, the translator wizard seems to load only types included in projects that have the business entities roles, which is not the

case of my existing projects :(

Am i missing something ?

Yohann

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:34 PM

You are right, you need to add references to your business projects in your Service Contract Implementation project as I suggested in my first post, in this case just using 'Add Existing Project' menu option.