Error selecting Implementation Project

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Aug 12, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I'm trying to begin using the Factory (so I may be doing something dumb). Using the Host Explorer I defined a ClientApplication1, and am trying to set the property "Implementation Project". When I click the combo box I get the error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.UnknownWrapper' to type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsHierarchy'. I can't find this error anywhere. Thanks for any help.

ENVIRONMENT:

I'm using Visual Studio 2008.

My installation of the Web Service Software Factory includes the following:

1) GuidanceAutomationExtensions.exe (Guidance Automation Extensions - February 2008 Release)

2) gaxp1409.exe (Guidance Automation Extensions for Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Update (GAXP1409))

3) GuidanceAutomationToolkitForVS2008.msi (Guidance Automation Toolkit for Visual Studio 2008 - February 2008 Release)

4) Web Service Software Factory Feb 2008 Refresh.zip

I also have installed the Repository Factory which additionally to requisites 1) 2) and 3) required me to install

5) RepositoryFactoryForVS2008.msi

Aug 12, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Hm, I guess I made some mistake searching for this since there is someone with the same problem on this thread:

http://servicefactory.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=23786

Anyway, from there it was obvious that the presence of other kinds of projects in the solution could trigger this issue. It was enough for me to just Unload my Business Intelligence Projects and my Database Project to solve it.

Thanks anyway!