Service Contract & Data Contract Tools - Items Missing

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 25, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Hello Everyone,

Software Installed: VS 2005 & VS 2008

I have installed the Guidance Packages with all the proper procedure as recommended.

Then, I try to create a project by using the following sequences: -

i) Start VS 2008, File->New->Project, under Guidance Packages, I choose "Service Factory : Model Edition" ,  Under "Templated" column, "Model Project" was selected.

ii) I give the project name as "Sevices1", then i press OK.

iii) In the Solution Explorer, I right click Services1.ssfproduct, select "New Model",  "Service Contract Model" was pick and i name it as "ServiceContractModel1" & after specified a proper XML namespace, I press "Finish".

Here is the problem:-

-When i want to start to design my diagrams under "ServiceContractModel1.servicecontract". Move my cursor to ToolBox, under the ToolBox i can see "Service Contract Tools" tab. However there are only 2 items under Service Contract Tools, which are "Pointer" and "Service". When I try the same process in other machine, in fact, I can see other items such as "Service Contract", "Operation", "Messafge", "XSD Message" and "Connector".

Similary, when I create a DataContractModel diagrams, only items "Pointer" and "Data Contract" icon appear under "Data Contract Tools" tab, other items such as "Data Contract Enumeration", "Primitive Data Type Collection", "Data Contract Collection" ... , are missing as well.

How can I recall all these missing items in my machines?

Thanks.

W.H

May 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM

This issue is likely to be the two VS versions living in the same box.

You can try uninstalling VS 2005 SDK (don't need to uninstall VS2005) and leave only in SDK (2008).

May 21, 2010 at 12:27 AM

As another user wrote, you can delete all the .tbd files under user settings in "C:\Users\%NAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0"

You can also fix this in case of VS2010: http://blogs.msdn.com/jmprieur/archive/2009/10/26/empty-toolbox-for-dsl-tools-diagram-in-experimental-hive.aspx

May 21, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Thank you for your prompt help, this killed my considerable time. In addition to this, I had to reset my toolbox (right click anywhere in the toolbox area and then select 'Reset Toolbox"). Thanks, again :-) - Tanish
May 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM
Just want to add that this problem killed my considerable time, but now it's resolved.
May 21, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I'm glad you had resolved that and we hope that this would be fixed on the next SP of VS2010 or the DSL SDK.

Regards,

Hernan