Couple problems with Extended Hands On Lab exercises

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Mar 26, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Hi,

I am using XP Prof SP3, VS Prof 2008 SP1. Among the 12 "Creating Your Version of the Service Factory (Extensibility Hands-on Lab)" questions, I have encountered problem with exercise 6 and exercise 12.

For "Exercise 6: Adding Code Generation to a Model in Service Factory", in the last step of "To verify the result of this exercise", ie. "10. Right-click the data transfer object, and then click Generate Code. Verify that code has been generated for the data transfer object." I have got 15 errors. Here is the first couples:
1. Compiling transformation: Invalid token 'catch' in class, struct, or interface member declaration.
2. Compiling transformation: ; expected.
It appears to me that there are some syntax error in the code.

For "Exercise 12: Pre-Populating the Model Project". I failed in point 2 "To create a model", step 5 "In Solution Explorer, navigate to the folder that contains the Model Project. This folder should contain two files named CommonDTOs.businessentity and CommonDTOs.businessentity.diagram." I saw only one file CommonDTOs.businessentity, I didn't see the other one "CommonDTOs.businessentity.diagram". So literally I have done nothing.

Have anyone met the same problem? I guess we should experience the same eventually.

Thanks!
Developer
Apr 15, 2009 at 12:00 AM
The diagram file will be created after you save the model.
This file contains the layout information of the model.
Apr 15, 2009 at 6:57 PM
Thanks hernandelahitte! I have saved it N times, it didn't work. I guess the problem is in the source code.