Avoiding Business Entities

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jan 22, 2009 at 10:09 AM
Hello,

I am very much new to the web service factory and I have the experience with Hands on Lab Only. Well, I have noticed that Web Service Factory creates a different projects for business entities and data contracts, and there is an overhead of mapping the properties.

Ideally, I don't see a need of having 2 projects in my project, I would not like to have business entities and would like to use the data contracts across the different layers and would like to get rid of mapping.

Will it be possible to do this? I am using Feb 2008 Modelling edition and can use any other edition too.

Thank you,

Hemant Kathuria
Developer
Jan 22, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Hi Hemant,

It is possible to have all your Contracts in one or any other project you like but you may not get rif of mapping because is the way you tell WSSF where to generate the code for each design artifact like contracts or any other entity you add to the designer. Anyway, this mapping is only required the first time you bind your projects to the design elements. After that you can freely add or update your models and you may not need to change this mapping again.