Error during service contract model creation

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Dec 30, 2008 at 10:44 AM

While creating a service contract model , I got the following two errors -

Error 1 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder, Version=1.0.51206.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder, Version=1.0.51206.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.ConfigurationValidatorBuilder.InitializeInstrumentationListener()
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.ValidationFactory.CreateValidatorFromConfiguration(Type targetType, String ruleset, IConfigurationSource configurationSource, Boolean cacheValidator)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.ValidationFactory.CreateValidatorFromConfiguration(Type targetType, String ruleset, IConfigurationSource configurationSource)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration.ValidationEngine.Validate(ValidationElementState state, ValidationContext context, ModelElement currentElement, String ruleSet)

Error 2 Invoke validation method 'OnValidate' failed C:\temp\AdministrationService\AdministrationService\Test.servicecontract 0 1 AdministrationService

I checked my GAC where the specified assembly with the same version is already registered. Can someone pl help ??

Developer
Jan 5, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Do you know if you have more than one version of ObjectBuilder installed?

Which version of Enterprise Library you have?

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:40 AM

Thanks very much for replying.

In Global Assembly Cache, I can see only one version of ObjectBuilder installed - 1.0.510206.0.

And I have two versions of Enterprise Library installed - Microsoft Enterprise Library 4.1 - October 2008 and Microsoft Enterprise Library January 2006.

Developer
Jan 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM
I would try to remove Entlib 4.1 and have only 3.0 installed which is the one that was tested WSSF 3.0

Thanks,
Hernan
Jan 16, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Thank you very much. It helped.