Visual Studio IDE disappeares while creating data contracts...

Topics: July and December Releases Forum
Jan 24, 2007 at 11:52 AM
I have encountered twice now the total disappearance of Visual Studio while trying to create WCF data contract by December release. There is absolutely no message displayed, not even in event log that something went wrong.

So far, this seems like happening only when starting by Data Access Guidance package first and creating stored procedures and related receipts. Once shifting to WCF Guidance package by starting to create data contracts, boom... You visual studio IDE is gone.

How should I report this error? Is there a way to turn on some kind of trace/diagnostics in order to understand / report why I am getting my visual studio IDE disappeared while creating a data contracts.

Alexander
Jan 24, 2007 at 1:22 PM
Please see also Item # 88 in issue tracker as this maybe related to this issue.
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007 at 4:57 PM
Wow, I can't say that I've ever heard of this problem before. I don't think it is related to issue #88. I'll look into the warning, but it does not cause any problems to my knowledge. I'll see if one of the devs can suggest a way to diagnose this dissappearing problem. We'll probably have to attach a debugger and have you send us the dump file, but I'll let you know. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Don