Generate proxy error

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Aug 18, 2008 at 9:08 PM
Hi,

I get this error when I try to auto generate the proxy code. "Validate All" successfully validates everything.

Thanks!

System.ArgumentException: The property 'WebApplication.BrowseURL' was not found in the project 'FishingServiceHostApplication'
   at Microsoft.Practices.VisualStudio.Helper.ProjectNode.GetEvaluatedProperty(Project project, String propertyName, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
   at Microsoft.Practices.VisualStudio.Helper.ProjectNode.GetEvaluatedProperty(String propertyName, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.ValueProviders.HostModelEndpointAddressProvider.GetBrowseURL(ProjectNode node)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.ValueProviders.HostModelEndpointAddressProvider.BuildAddress(ProjectNode node, Proxy proxy)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.ValueProviders.HostModelEndpointAddressProvider.GetEndpointAddress(Proxy proxy)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.ValueProviders.HostModelEndpointAddressProvider.OnBeginRecipe(Object currentValue, Object& newValue)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:14 PM
This error is much likely due to the type of project you have set as the proxy implementation project in the Host Model. Make sure that the FishingServiceHostApplication is a valid C# or VB project, and now that I type the name..isn't this project the one that should be set for the Host instead of the Client?

Thanks!
Aug 21, 2008 at 3:07 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2008 at 3:08 PM
Thanks but is gives me the same crap...  :(

I wish I could upload or email this solution...
Aug 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM
You can try sending me an email through my codeplex alias and I'll reply to you from my personal address.

Thanks
Sep 3, 2008 at 9:32 AM
This issue is caused when the host project is not a web site, but rather a Web Application Project. Such projects have neither a BrowseUrl nor WebApplication.BrowseUrl property, so this code fails. The code should be rewritten to refer to the properties that actually exist in Web Application projects.

This is related, in my opinion, to a similar issue where app.config is used instead of web.config if a Web Application Project is used. SF people, you need to test with both.
Sep 3, 2008 at 3:26 PM
john, that is very good observation but my visual studio won't create web site project. Something got screwed up when I installed this new template stuff... That makes me wonder, do I really want to use software factory?...
Sep 3, 2008 at 3:47 PM
Which version of Visual Studio are you using, and which edition? Professional, Standard, etc.