Proxy error: 'classname' already contains a definition for 'property name'

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jul 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM
To keep the story short, I have moved my SC, DC and Host models to another machine and regenerated the solution. Now, when creating the proxy, there is a WCF Customer class and a XmlSerializer Customer class in the proxy so I get the error above.

I have deleted all the objectExtenderContainer values from all files and gone through the models repopulating, revalidating and regenerating everything. I've tried replacing my host model. None of these things have made any difference.

Does anyone have an idea whats going on here?

Would you ever want two classes with different serializers in the same proxy?

Thanks
Developer
Jul 3, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Hi Niall, is this only happening in the new solution? Meaning, the original solution generates a valid proxy, right? If so, are there any environment diffferences such as VS or Guidance Package versioning..?

We have an open thread with a similar issue, let us know if your scenario is close to this one: http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=30510
Eventhough the user is not mentioning model's export/import in this thread, he did specify that he was porting the models in a different one.

Thanks
Jul 4, 2008 at 9:07 AM
That link does sound like the same issue.

I moved the solution because we had lost some project files within the first development environment. I no longer trusted that VM environment so I moved the solution elsewhere by copying the solution models, clearing out the project mappings and starting afresh with a new WCF project implementation.

I've just tried to test my old project in the old vm by creating a new WCF implementation to regenerate those missing files. Its doing the same thing - it's declaring the class twice with different serializers in the proxy.

Would be nice to clarify where all Datacontractserializer/Xmlserializer settings are stored and any mappings etc. I've checked that the SC is Datacontractserializer and that implementation projects are WCF everywhere (I think).

I wasn't getting anywhere with this and because it was only a POC I decided to start again in a new solution. I used the old business entities in the new solution and its working fine. Oh and I'm using source control this time too ;)

Thanks



Developer
Jul 7, 2008 at 6:33 PM
Ok, let's continue the discussion in the other thread then. I'll post some questions for both of you over there.

Thanks