Factory works with multiple databases

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Jun 12, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Hi,

I'm plaaning to use WCF software factory and Guidance automations. My database traget is SQL server, Oracle, MySql. How I can proceed with the Web service factory.

I would like to use the SQL sever as the database for the development. But in production i would like to use any of the above databases. How easy I can port the develoment code to target the oracle database or any other database. Do I have to create the Data access layer agian?

Please help me on this.

Regards
Satheesh 
Developer
Jun 13, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Hi ssebasti, the WSSF Modeling Edition does not generate the code for the Data Access Layer. This functionallity was included in previous versions but has now been moved into a standalone factory called Repository Factory: http://www.codeplex.com/RepositoryFactory/

Thanks

ssebasti wrote:
Hi,

I'm plaaning to use WCF software factory and Guidance automations. My database traget is SQL server, Oracle, MySql. How I can proceed with the Web service factory.

I would like to use the SQL sever as the database for the development. But in production i would like to use any of the above databases. How easy I can port the develoment code to target the oracle database or any other database. Do I have to create the Data access layer agian?

Please help me on this.

Regards
Satheesh