XmlDSig as a Data Contract Message Part

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jun 5, 2008 at 2:27 PM
I am building a web service that has several Message Parts one of those parts I want to be a xml document (a XmlDSig, an envoloped xml document). I am wondering a couple of things.

1. Can this be modeled? If so how?
  2. Also If it is model will it be platform independent? OR how should I create it so it is platform and language independent?

Any help or advice would be great. Thank you to all of you experts who answer question for us non experts.

Developer
Jun 5, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Hi cakers,

1) The current WSSF V3: Modeling Edition allows you to add message parts based on primitive types out of the box. If you'd like to design a data contract model using non primitive types, you can either do it through a simple workaround or by modifying the actual package. Both alternatives are explained in detail in the following post: http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=23616

2) Actually, platform independence is not based on the model itself but rather on the Serializer Type. The XmlSerializer is the one you may want to use if you are lookinig for cross platform compatibility. Therefore, you should make sure that the different types chosen to be serialized support XmlSerialization.

Regards.