Using WcfSvcHost with VS2005 GAT-created projects

May 27, 2008 at 7:07 PM
My Goal:  Take a complete Solution built with the VS2005-era GAT (WCF Service Factory -- non modeling) and leverage VS2008's improvements against it, such as the WcfSvcClient and WcfSvcHost applications.

The way the GAT generated code was as separate assemblies for each piece of the WCF Service, as well as a sample Host.  I'd like to be able to use the great F5 debugging approach to bringing up the Web Service host and use the client against it for ad-hoc testing of various inputs.

Of course, in VS2008, the 2005-era GAT is nowhere to be found, and the project is not marked up correctly to deal with WcfSvcHost.  I've set the Implementation assembly as a startup project, gone in and hacked the <ProjectTypeGuids> tag in the .CSPROJ file to match that of a 'from-scratch' VS2008 WCF Service Library.  Still no luck.

Can anyone tell me the shortest route to modifying the project files from VS2005 so that VS2008 will employ its new WCF Testing/Debugging tools against my service?

Thanks,
Randy

Developer
May 28, 2008 at 11:59 AM
If I got it right, you can use the 2008 version of WSSF and follow these tips here to migrate your 2005 solution:
http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=20672