Can we Return a Object as result.

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
May 7, 2008 at 7:16 PM
Hi All,

I want to return a Object which contain some properties.
Previously i used to return DataSet by opening the DataContract Model in XML editor and declaring Type="System.Data.DataSet".

How do i return a object .

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar.
May 7, 2008 at 7:56 PM
You can simply try returning 'System.Object'.
On the other hand, this post show how to update the type picker in order to allows you selecting any type you want.
http://weblogs.asp.net/hernandl/archive/2008/03/28/extending-wssf-me-part-1.aspx
May 8, 2008 at 8:45 PM
Hi I am using WSSF 2008, i coudlnt find the DatacontractDSL in my project, where do i find that in my project.

Please let me know...
Thanks and Regards,
Praveen.

charlyfriend wrote:
You can simply try returning 'System.Object'.
On the other hand, this post show how to update the type picker in order to allows you selecting any type you want.
http://weblogs.asp.net/hernandl/archive/2008/03/28/extending-wssf-me-part-1.aspx

May 8, 2008 at 10:46 PM
The DatacontractDSL is located in the WSSF source solution that has the Guidance Package itself.
Why do you need that dll?
May 9, 2008 at 2:52 PM
I was talking about the link he mention below steps to get different data types

1. Open the DataContractDsl project and replace all the occurrences of “PublicPrimitiveTypeFilter” with “PublicTypeFilter”. This way we use the base class of PublicPrimitiveTypeFilter that will simply let all public types show up in the list. Notice that you can create your own filter class following the same structure used in these classes.

2. Repeat the same with ServiceContractvDsl project.

3. Rebuild the solution.

where can i find and change this “PublicPrimitiveTypeFilter” with “PublicTypeFilter”.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Kumar.

charlyfriend wrote:
The DatacontractDSL is located in the WSSF source solution that has the Guidance Package itself.
Why do you need that dll?

May 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM
Just install the source soulution (WSSF source) and search for those types.
Then simply follow the steps in that post and you should be fine.