Rebuild of Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf.dll - Problem

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Apr 24, 2008 at 4:14 PM
I have read article Service Station: Web Service Software Factory Modeling Edition and implemented
Customizing the Service Factory: Enterprise Library Exception Shielding.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc164250.aspx

So I have Rebuilt the Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf.dll
and modified the file ServiceImplementation.tt as mentioned in the article. When Generating Code for the
Service Contract Model it works great, just as mentioned in the article.

Of course to build the new DLL I had to strong name it and generate a new key pair.
Original PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 for Original Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf.
My newly modified and compiled version of Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf has PublicKeyToken= 47d34bdda48d75a2
Now comes the problem:
When I go to the Host Model and come to the step where I need to Generate Service :Generates the code for the service
I get the following error:
“Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf,
Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified.”

I tried editing the file ruleset.config which had references to the DLL Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf
and changed the PublicKeyToken value to the new key value 47d34bdda48d75a2 but that did not correct the problem.

Using Lutz Roeder’s .Net Reflector Tool I noticed that Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.HostDesigner.Wcf.dll
References Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.ServiceContract.Wcf, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
So the HostDesigner.WCF DLL references the original version of the DLL NOT my modified version.

What course of action do you recommend to fix this problem?
Does the file ruleset.config have to be modified as I have done as well or is this unnecessary?