Where do we write the Business logic and Data Acess codes in WSSF 2008

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Apr 9, 2008 at 2:46 PM
Edited Apr 9, 2008 at 2:52 PM
Where do we write the Business and Data Acess codes in WSSF 2008??

Please let me know if there are any linka for references.

Apr 10, 2008 at 5:33 AM
Hi kumarvem,

The WSSF documentation should contain a lot of general purpose information on the architecture that WSSF tries to prescribe, so you should found a lot of answers there. Nevertheless, my personal approach is to try to move as much of the business logic into the domain model (the entities that map to the database). Only if I need some logic to happen on multiple entities, it involves transactions, workflows, or it requires interaction with some external system, i move this logic into a business process (or a Transaction Script as Martin Fowler calls it). All data access code should go into repository classes that provide methodes and properties to load, save and query for entities.

Dennis Doomen
Apr 10, 2008 at 2:30 PM
Hi Dennis,

Can you provide me the links/ references for WSSF 3008, where i can find the information.

Thanks,
Kumar.

dennisdoomen wrote:
Hi kumarvem,

The WSSF documentation should contain a lot of general purpose information on the architecture that WSSF tries to prescribe, so you should found a lot of answers there. Nevertheless, my personal approach is to try to move as much of the business logic into the domain model (the entities that map to the database). Only if I need some logic to happen on multiple entities, it involves transactions, workflows, or it requires interaction with some external system, i move this logic into a business process (or a Transaction Script as Martin Fowler calls it). All data access code should go into repository classes that provide methodes and properties to load, save and query for entities.

Dennis Doomen

Apr 10, 2008 at 4:07 PM
Hi Kumar,

I was wrong about the documentation being part of the factory. It was at some point, but apparently, it has been removed. Nevertheless, you can now find some exhausitve guidance on MSDN over here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc304729.aspx.

Hope that helps. If not let me know. I'm about to compile an article in which I try to share some of my best practices with an enterprise architecture based on WCSF, WSSF and NHibernate as the ORM.

Dennis Doomen