VS2008 custom source installer not working

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Mar 25, 2008 at 10:29 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2008 at 5:25 AM
I have made a small modification to the source of Web Service Software Factory Source Feb 2008, and now I want to install it so my team can use it. However I am having issues, and I haven't found any documentation about how to do this. I have tried the following and it works for VS2005, but not VS2008 9.0.21022.8 RTM.

1. Change to Release mode.
2. Build the Setup project
3. Run Setup in the bin\Release folder of the setup project.

In VS2005 I can add a new WSSF project as per usual, but there is no option in VS2008.

Incase it matters, before doing all this i found I had to update alot of the following references:
Microsoft.Practices.Common
Microsoft.Practices.ComponentModel
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Common
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library
I have version 1.4, I think it was originally against version 1.3.

Any ideas??
Developer
Mar 27, 2008 at 5:56 PM
  1. So could you create the msi?
  2. Are you having problems while installing the msi?
  3. Where you can't find the WSSF sln template, in the regular or Experimental Hive?

Thanks,
CF
Apr 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM
Thanks for replying.
1. I could create the msi, and run the installer
2. There are no errors whilst installing the custom version
3. I cannot find the WSSF sln template in the regular hive in 2008, however it is in the regular hive for 2005
Developer
Apr 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM
The 2008 version always register the source in exp. hive. If you want to register in regular (which as documented practice is not ideal unless you got a release version) then you can check the manifest file (named 'Service Factory Guidance Package.xml') in the root of the package and comment the line with element;

<RegistrationSettings>/Hive=9.0Exp /RANU</RegistrationSettings>