Creating Host Application Proxy

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Mar 12, 2008 at 2:06 PM
When using Visual Studio 2008 and the Web Service Framework for .NET 3.5, I am able to get through most of the steps of creating a service and host application but when we get to the point where the host application needs to build the proxy using the WSDL from the service, it dies. Everything is on the local machine and I've made sure the firewall isn't restricting anything but when I try to generate the proxy, it returns 'Generate Proxy with host model "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused"'. Anyone know how to fix this?

Again, the service and the hose client are on the same machine. The steps we are using is from the Hands-On Lab for building a service. Excersize 7, Step 19, which states "Using the host explorer window, client the xyz service, then click the 'Generate Proxy' hyperlink in the main window.

It tries to connect to the localhost on port 52288 and the above error is returned. Please HELP!
Developer
Mar 12, 2008 at 4:11 PM
If you are generating for WCF technology provider, then you should have that service up and running in order for the proxy code gen to localize and get the metadata from the WSDL url.
You can test that by just opening the WSDL url in your browser. If you get to that point, then the proxy gen should work fine.