Workflow Services ETA?

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Feb 12, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Will models for creating workflow services be part of the upcoming release of the WSSF this month? I currently architecting a project wherein the application logic is implemented using workflows but the wiring up of workflows to requests is a real pain. It'd be great if the WSSF included templates for such services. That said, does anyone have ideas on how to go about implementing said services using the currently available release of the WSSF?
Feb 12, 2008 at 9:13 PM
The upcoming release of WSSF:ME is a port of the release for VS 2005 to support 2008. It fixes some bugs/issues but does not add any major new features.
Feb 13, 2008 at 9:31 PM
I have a blog post out at http://geekswithblogs.net/jlavin/archive/2007/09/15/115376.aspx that shows how to add the functionality to both the model and code generation. I have also added workflow templates and a new recipe to a customized version of the factory which provides full round trip plumbing between the service operation and the workflow. Sounds like its getting to be time to start a WSSF Contrib Project.
Developer
Feb 14, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Nice post Jim! And please feel free to contact me and discuss about your suggestions or contributions to the WSSF community.
Thanks for your great job!

CF

PS: As Ade said, the upcoming release will be a port to VS2008 so you may expect that the next version (after this port) will have the much awaited WF features and who knows what other goodies!