Generating VB Code

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Feb 12, 2008 at 10:03 AM
Hi All,
As I understood this last release of the software factory was going to have support for generating VB code for WCF services. Does it? And if it does, how does one go about doing it? 'cause I can't seem to get anything but C# code.
thanks
Feb 12, 2008 at 12:28 PM
The latest version of WSSF ME (and the upcoming for VS2008) will provide C# code genenration and only a text template example on how you can add the same code generation in other languages like VB. This is not hard to do and you can follow the labs (see the Hands-on labs) and other samples in the documentation.
You can find the .tt example in this path: \Source\Data Contract DSL\Dsl\TextTemplates\WCF\VB\DataContractEnum.tt
Feb 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM
To customize the service factory to generate vb code then, I'd have to install the source code version and modify the text templates? Are there any labs or guides anyone could direct me to that illustrate how to go about doing that 'cause I'm not having much luck with it at the moment.
Feb 29, 2008 at 6:29 PM
You can do that wiht the binary version since you also have the tt files to update. Now if you want to generate for both langs, then you should get the source version and make simple changes to the extenders. You have samples of code generation in the Extensibility Hands-on lab (home page).
Actually you already have one tt file for vb as a demo (in WCF service contract) so you can use it as a head start.