Deployment in staged environment

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Feb 11, 2008 at 5:53 PM
Edited Feb 11, 2008 at 5:54 PM
Hello,
First time poster here. I've been a .NET developer for the last 4 years, and have become increasingly more interested in P&P. I'm making an initiative to adopt WSSF Modeling edition for all our future projects, and would like to introduce it to my team on a project I'm leading.

I've done a bit of reading and research and completed the HOLs. However, I'm still unsure how the factory is deployed to multiple machines. My design is 3-tiered, using WCF extension as the implementation technology. How do I configure the factory to deploy to a staged environment? Our services and websites are deployed to different servers (services and websites are on separate servers on each stage), but other than that my environment is pretty standard: development on my workstation; testing on a shared dev server; testing on stage; final deployment on prod.

TIA,

Jeff
Developer
Feb 11, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Jeff,
The WSSF Modeling edition does not require any special consideration or setting other than your own solution needs (WCF, ASMX, etc.). This is because your final deployment setup will only include your binaries and related stuff only and not any other model or DSL or some other stuff that is used by the factory in a development environment.
In case of a dev env, then you need a standard installation with the specified requirements of the WSSF ME download.
Feb 11, 2008 at 9:23 PM
Hi Charly:
Thank you for your quick response.

So all I need to do is modify the address property in the endpoint node of web.config?
Developer
Feb 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM
That's right, so that should be the same as if you were working without the factory.