Create/Update web reference fails

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Apr 29, 2010 at 10:15 AM

...because it cannot find an EntLib version 5 assembly.

We do not use Entlib 5.

Have to disable the modeling extensions to be able to create a web reference

Developer
Apr 29, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Hi,

The extension shoudl come with the reauires EntLib 5 assemblies so theres no need to install Entlib5.

Can you describe which is the assembly that couldn't be find and if you dissabled the extension to create a web reference from VS menu?

Thanks for testing this new version of WSSF.

Hernan

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:27 AM

This is the first error:

Warning 29 Custom tool warning: Cannot import wsdl:portType
Detail: An exception was thrown while running a WSDL import extension: System.ServiceModel.Description.DataContractSerializerMessageContractImporter
Error: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Instrumentation.IInstrumentationEventProvider' from assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
XPath to Error Source: //wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace=' (namespace woz here) ']/wsdl:portType[@name='blah'] (path)\Reference.svcmap 1 1 assembly.name.woz.here

Developer
Apr 29, 2010 at 3:06 PM

The WSDL import extension is not yet upgraded to Entlib 5.0 and WSSF 2010 so what you can do is to force the "WSDL import extension" to load only EntLib 4.1 version.

On the other hand, you can use WSSFv3 2008 version and import the wsdl with "WSDL import extension" then load the model file and open with WSSF 2010.

Let me know if you can solve this scenario.

Thanks,

Hernan

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Sorry for being stupid, but I need instructions on how to do either of those things you mention!

cheers

Matt

Developer
Apr 30, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Hi Matt,

My apologies for not being clear enough. I strongly suggest taking the second approach since the migration of the Import WSDL to 2010 version is not trivial and is under development right now so it makes sense to wait until is out.

Regarding the second option, you can use the WSSF 2008 along with the Import WSDL recipe and generate the Service Contract model and the schemas. Then you can import the model and schemas into a sln created with WSSF 2010 and move from there.

Let me know if you need further details.

Regards,

Hernan