WCF Code Analysis: can't get it to work

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jan 23, 2008 at 10:20 PM
When I try to run the WCF Code Analysis Recipe I get "Command "ClassViewContextMenus.ClassViewProject.RunCodeAnalysisonSelection" is not available. Any thoughts? I've run it on Host projects, client projects, service implementation projects...nothing seems to work.
Jan 24, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Which version of VS are you using? (Language of the projects?)
Jan 24, 2008 at 6:48 PM
i'm using visual studio 2005 professional edition, working in C#. I think part (or all) of the problem might be a reference to FxCopSdk in Microsoft.Practices.Fxcop.Rules.WcfSemantic.dll -- it's not on my machine (Vista). Where does one acquire this? I've searched the inter-webs and all I've come across it a few other posts from people who need it and can't find it.
Jan 25, 2008 at 2:50 PM
Code analysis is not y supported in VSPro, only in VS Enterprise. That's why you don't have FxCop API. What you can do, is change the references in WcfSemantic library (using the source code provided) and point to FxCop 1.35 or better and open from FxCop tool.
Feb 12, 2008 at 12:41 AM
Just to close this thought -- I basically took the approach laid out by charlyfriend. I grabbed the source and popped out the Semantic Library project, then rebuilt it with my fxcop 1.35 assemblies. I can now run it against my stuff from the fxcop UI.