Implementation technology property pan bug

Jan 14, 2008 at 1:25 PM
Hi there,

I would like to report one small bug. On property pan (of i.e. Service model) there could be found two GUIDs (WCF or ASMX technology option). Simple choosing is going well. From another side if double click has been made it will be possible to change 6th of them, each 2 for 3 model types (service, data and host model).

Regards
Jan 14, 2008 at 7:20 PM
I/m not sure if I get it right but from your description and my experience, double clicking the technology property will "toggle" between the available values. This behavior should be the same on each model. Naturally if you change the technology on one model, then you should do the same on the other models as well in order to sync them up to the same technology setting.
Jan 16, 2008 at 8:23 AM
Probably i didn't made good explanation,

We got it accidentally when we have been made some automation tests.

e.i. for Service Model , there are two available options when you simple choose by selecting :

1. WCF Extension 3D062FD1-5877-4760-AE82-D8A31AF845B5
2. ASMX Extension C60DD2D7-0F7B-4d4d-B94F-6D8BDAE883B2

this is going well, but with double - clicking there are 4 more GUIDs (2 for Data and 2 for Host model). It's not good to have possibility of Data GUIDs choosing on the Service model. Because of that there will not be possible to find Generate button (on pop up window - context menu).

It's not a big problem for customization developers because they know which of these they could choose. The problem could be appeared with end users/developers or with test engineers (such in my case).

Regards Charly
Jan 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Thanks a lot for the issue described and the scenario. However I could not repro even if I try double clicking many times. Perhaps some kind of automation testing might have added the two extra items. If you discover any other tip or further details on this one, let us know.

Thanks again and regards,
Charly.
May 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Using the Source version of WSSF I've got this exact issue.
For each of the views, servicecontract, datacontract, in the technology selection dropdown I've got 6 options. 3 for WCF and 3 for ASMX.
By running search on the  sourcecode of WSSF, I've found that they correspond to the IDs of DataContractWcfExtensionProvider, DataContractWcfExtensionProvider and HostDesignerWcfExtensionProvider. I am allowed to select the "wrong" id from the dropdown. When I double click on the property it then selects the correct ID.

Just thought I'd let you know.