Server requirements

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jan 11, 2008 at 8:17 AM
In the documentation it is always specified what the development requiremeents are for the PC, not what the server requirements are for the server hosting the generated web service.

Specifically I want to run the generated web service on .NET 2.0 using asmx. I’ve managed to do this by removing the following entry in the web.config file

<assemblies>
<add assembly="SMDiagnostics, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
</assemblies>

But is there anything else that is dependent on the .NET 3.0 framework

The entry in the web.config file is also regenerated every time I build the host application, is this on purpose?
Developer
Jan 11, 2008 at 4:10 PM
If you are generating for ASMX then you should not have any reference to 3.0 or higher. On the other hand, you should be able to remove the web.config file and the new generated config should only have the required references.
If this does not happend this way, then send me please further infromation about your refenreces in your other projects and I will try to figure out why you are requiring that file.