Orcas w/ Service Factory - Modeling Edition CTP (VS2008)

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jan 9, 2008 at 3:49 AM
Will the trial/orcas edition work with this factory. I have v. 9.0.21022.8 RTM, but all I get is:

File,New,Project,Other Project Types,Service Factory : Modeling Edition. Model Project. the only thing it creates is as blank project with a references folder. The add item and right click produce no factory items.

-Jeff
Developer
Jan 9, 2008 at 4:33 PM
I assume you are using this version https://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=servicefactory&ReleaseId=9453.
In that case, the usage should be the same as the current 2005 version so you will create a blank new solution with just a model project and the PMT file (xml file).
Then you may add a new ASMX/WCF template from right clicking the sln node and "Add" option. There you will find the ASMX/WCF implementation options.
On the other hand, you may create a new model by right clicking the model project and selecting Add\New Model... option.
Note: Make sure you followed all the requirements (latest version of GAX/GAT and Vs2008 SDK) and the correct installation of all the msi files.
Jan 22, 2008 at 3:23 AM
I have installed all the latest version but still not able to Add New Model of any type to my project. Using VS 2008
Developer
Jan 22, 2008 at 4:35 PM
Check if you have enabled the ME package in your solution. If you already did that, then try re installing the WSSF:ME msi following the same steps in the installation documentation