Bad Context Token Fault Reason

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Dec 5, 2007 at 7:15 AM
I have a WCF-service and a Web Client where the receiveTimeout is set to 8 hours. A user of the Web Client leaves his session with the web-application at the end of the day without logging out. Next morning he unlock his computer and the web-application is still on screen, he clicks a link and get sent to the login-page which makes sense because the session has timed out. He logs on with his credentials but receive an exception: BadContextTokenFaultReason How can I handle this?

It would be nice if the service could accept the new login an create a new service-proxy for him to continue his daily work. Anyone had the same problem? Im not sure if this is an issue of my WCF-service or my Web Client but the message comes from the service so I guess this is the right group to call... ;-)

-RightCoder
Developer
Dec 5, 2007 at 4:38 PM
RightCoder,

This problem seem to be something related to the timeout settings on client/server and not with the configuration settings produced by ME (Modeling Edition).
You may check this group http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255529&SiteID=1 where you may find WCF specific threads.

Thanks,
CF