The ProjectMappingTable is empty.

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Nov 27, 2007 at 7:11 PM
Hi friends, I need some help.

I've installed the WSSF v3 without problems. I created a simple project with a service contract, two operations and a data contract (also create a class library project). When I hit the Validate context menu option I got a message The ProjecMappingTable is empty. I haven't seen how to set a value to this property. I opened the combobox but there is no option.

thanks,

Renato.
Nov 27, 2007 at 8:31 PM
Edited Nov 27, 2007 at 8:33 PM
You will need to do something like this:
  1. Right click on the solution folder that contains all your projects (SC, MC, DC, BE, BL, etc, etc) and select "Service Factory: Modeling Edition" option.
  2. Select "Populate Mapping Table" option.
  3. You will be promted for a name to identify this mapping table. By default will be the solution folder name. This value will be used afterwards in the "Projec Mapping Table" property that you mentioned.
  4. Click Finish and a new file named "ProjectMapping.xml" will be added (or updated it it already exists) to the "Solution Items" folder.
  5. Now you can go and specify that property with the name of the PMT entered in step #2.

Some notes:
- This file contains the mappings between projects and roles so each model element in your models will map to one role and therefore the code generated by each element will end up in the appropiate project.
- The recipe that you executed (Populate Mapping Table) will try to infer the role from the project suffix, according to the documented guidance and the naming provided in the previous version of the factory (v2).
- You may also try to manually update this file and set the appropiate roles in case the recipe could not find any role for a project. You can check the documentation for further details.

Regards,
CF
Nov 27, 2007 at 8:41 PM
Perfect!

Thanks,

Renato.