ResXFileGenerator Failure

Nov 23, 2007 at 3:49 AM
Edited Nov 26, 2007 at 10:38 PM
I was attempting to complete the 15 Minute Walkthrough and I got as far as
=====
Generate the Source Code and Run the Service
1. Open the CommonScmTypes.datacontract file, right-click on the design surface, and choose Generate Code.
=====

On trying to generate the code, I receive this warning:
The custom tool ‘ResXFileGenerator’ failed while processing the file ‘Properties\Resources.resz’.

In an effort to resolve this issue I did a complete uninstall of the Binary Installer and reinstalled again. However this did not resolve the issue.

My system is Vista Ultimate, VS 2005 Standard Edition, and I installed the DSLToolsRedist, ProjectAggregator and WSSF binary in Administrator Mode via a CMD file.

I appreciate that I’m the only person experiencing this issue as it would have been well documented by now if others were experiencing the same, but could someone possibly give me the heads up as to how to get past this point?

__Allan
Developer
Nov 23, 2007 at 9:08 AM
If I understand correctly, you are saying that because of that warning you couldn't continue with the exercise or simply you just noticed the warning but the rest of the walkthrough went fine?
Nov 23, 2007 at 11:44 PM
Sorry Charly - I didn't make that clear did I?

I have managed to complete the exercise!

I was just puzzled on the warning and how to remedy the issue so that the warning goes away?

__Allan
Developer
Nov 26, 2007 at 5:55 PM
After generating all the code and building the solution, you may double click the warning and click "yes" in order to re process the resource file and the warning should go away.
Nov 26, 2007 at 10:37 PM
Charly,

Yes that worked! I felt sure I tried that before creating this post, but obviously not.

Thank-you for our help.

__Allan