THE FINAL RELEASE IS VERY NEAR

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2007 at 9:34 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that we have the final bits built, signed, and ready to be posted. We're only waiting for a couple more executive signatures and we'll be ready to go. The main reason I'm telling you this is so you'll understand when you see all of the changes happening on the site. I'm going to be removing some pages, adding other ones, cleaning up the issues and many of the comments on the site as we consolidate the v2-related pages and make room for the new shiny modeling stuff. We thank you for your patience over the weekend as we make the preparations.

... and my trip to Barcelona this weekend isn't making these changes any easier :)

Don
Nov 6, 2007 at 8:10 PM
I know you are busy but do you have a date on when?

donsmith wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that we have the final bits built, signed, and ready to be posted. We're only waiting for a couple more executive signatures and we'll be ready to go. The main reason I'm telling you this is so you'll understand when you see all of the changes happening on the site. I'm going to be removing some pages, adding other ones, cleaning up the issues and many of the comments on the site as we consolidate the v2-related pages and make room for the new shiny modeling stuff. We thank you for your patience over the weekend as we make the preparations.

... and my trip to Barcelona this weekend isn't making these changes any easier :)

Don

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:05 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2007 at 10:15 PM
Ade Miller seems to have done a good job or is he just got a job to update the website http://www.codeplex.com/UserAccount/UserProfile.aspx?UserName=AdeMiller
Nov 7, 2007 at 2:50 AM
I am not sure what that means. Has the release been killed?
webdeepak adds, "
I don't think you should bother with the release http://www.codeplex.com/UserAccount/UserProfile.aspx?UserName=AdeMiller
Ade Miller has killed the release with the bugs that he has found.

"
Nov 7, 2007 at 8:09 PM
Ahhh... Sorry for the confusion.

I was actually closing out bugs associated with previous CTPs of the factory in preparation for the final release.

Rest assured the release is still very much alive and will be on CodePlex any day now. If you look at my blog (http://www.ademiller.com/tech) you'll see I'm already writing about it. So confident am I that it will ship really soon.

Ade

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:23 PM
Are there any significant changes between CTP version and final version in terms of XML schemas or project files? We have a substantial project created with CTP and it would be nice to know that it can be transitioned to the final version.
Thanks,
Alex K.
Nov 8, 2007 at 12:06 AM
The CTP shipped on Oct 16th and included the new Host Model Designer. Since then the only changes we took were bug fixes.

Migration should be pretty straightforward although we've not tested it. If you run into problems let me know.

Ade