Debugging...

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Jul 17, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Is there anyway of debugging the code when a solution unfolds for the first time? ...I read a post about opening an existing unfolded solution and debugging code but this doesn't allow me to step in while it's unfolding.

Jul 20, 2007 at 4:27 PM
There's a great way to debug your app and very easy too. Try adding this line anywhere in your project:

System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break();

As soon as the execution flow gets to that point it will prompt you to debug your application or continue, if you choose to debug you'll get the VS JIT debugger and you'll be able to choose an instance of VS for debugging (you could use the same one you're working with, just as you would in other projects)

After that, it's like you would've set a regular breakpoint.. you can inspect your variables, watchs, etc. step into, over and all that

I hope this helps solving your problem.. I don't know what you mean by unfolding the solution though, what's that?
Jul 24, 2007 at 9:29 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2007 at 9:29 PM
Did this solution work for anyone. I am aslo trying to debug the Service Factory Guidance Package while unfolding it, but could not get it to work.
Aug 2, 2007 at 5:38 PM
Here is the solution for debugging the code when a solution unfolds for the first time, and you can do much more... It did work for me.

http://blogs.msdn.com/tomholl/archive/2006/08/27/727740.aspx