Cannot see connection when running DataAccess recipes outside of WSSF

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:51 PM
I created a new project, enabled the package "Web Service Software Factory (Data Access)" and am trying to run the recipies. I specified one project as the "host" project and the other project as the "Business Entities Project" and the "Data Access Project". I created a connection in the host project but cannot run the "create CRUD stored procedures" recipe because the "connection name" drop down does not show a connection even when the "host" project is in the "Service Host Project" drop down. I see the connection string in the web.config file.
Jul 31, 2007 at 3:16 PM
Did you find out what is the problem? Because I'm facing the same issue.
Aug 8, 2007 at 5:06 PM
I find that the Data Access Guidance Package does not work well ( if at all ) when you specify a website or web application project as a host. I mentioned it awhile ago in a post when people were emailing me:

Data Access Layer Guidance Package Tip for ASP.NET Websites and Web Application Projects

Just specify a class library as a host and allow the recipe to create a temporary App.config that will be used only for helping the guidance package get schema information. You don't need to deploy the App.config.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#