Generate Business Entity Comments from SQL Entended Properties?

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum
Jun 14, 2007 at 8:14 AM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the 'create business entities from database' recipe is able to extract SQL EntendedProperties from the database table with a description of each field? I would like the business entities generated to be fully documented (XML Commented) with descriptions that are stored in the db. As the business entities will be regenerated each time the db changes I don't want to hand comment anything.

Thanks,
Brian.

p.s. I see that the Data Access piece is being taken out of the wssf for future releases. What is the recommended approach for DAL generation in the meanwhile before the LINQ version comes out? .NET Tiers? Subsonic?
Developer
Jun 14, 2007 at 11:27 PM
That feature is not included in the current version but should not be a big deal to add it since you may update the recipe/template that creates the BEs.
Regarding which approach to use for DAL for the time being I don't have an answer to that but I know there are plans for updating the DAGP with a specific tool for that purpose.
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2007 at 4:45 AM
The repository pattern used by the current data access GP was chosen because the LINQ team felt that would be the easiest to migrate to a LINQ-based solution once it is available. So, this is the recommendation until other guidance is released.

Don