Build issues when using the WCF how-to Create a New Guidance Package

Topics: General Discussion Forum, July and December Releases Forum
May 22, 2007 at 4:20 PM
Hello,

I was trying the how to: "Create a New Guidance Package That Includes Your Configuration Settings (WCF)" from the Web Service Software Factory documentation and am stuck up at the 3rd step i.e. - To prepare to modify the guidance package. The custom package does not build giving errors related to "Unexpected character $" and "Identifier expected". The ResultsGrid form (in the WCF Guidance Package project) has a place-holder for namespace that is causing the build problems. Can anyone help me how to solve these build issues? I am using the December release of WCF software factory.

Thanks and Regards,
Chetna
May 22, 2007 at 7:06 PM
Check out of these files (under templates) are marked as "Content" (Build Action setting) and "Copy Always" (Copy to Output Directory) assuming that you get errors on these templates files, otherwise, let me know where those errors came from and some further details regarding the error data logged to the output window (GAX ouput).

Thanks,
Charly
May 22, 2007 at 9:04 PM
Thanks a lot for the solution. After setting Build action and Copy to Output Directory settings for files in WCF Guidance Package project -->Tempalates, the solution is now building without errors and I was able to create a custom WCF package and also use it.

Regards,
Chetna