1

Closed

Slow loading and instable

description

I've installed the December version of the Service Factory, because the previous version suddenly forgot connection strings. But after uninstalling the previous one and not being able to uninstall the September 2006 version because of another bug, I installed the new version. But now that I've installed it and started up my project in visual studio I'm in serious trouble. It takes about 25 minutes to load, at the beginning it reports that a exception because something with the security guide and finally makes Visual Studio crash. I restarted it and this time it threw an exception on the security guide and asked me to remove it from the solution. I asked it to remove it from the project and still it took about 30 minutes time. After that my visual studio gave exception everywhere (Recipe Framework Error).
 
I have a 3500+ AMD 64 processor with 3 gigs of RAM, with a visual studio of 850mb. I mean I love the factory when it works because it really speeds development up. But the processing pay load, the constant waiting, the instability of the overal product and the sudden suprises like when it can't remember your connection string make it hard on my project and has become a serious risk.
Closed Dec 10, 2007 at 7:14 PM by donsmith
This issue is being closed because it was created on a previous version of the Service Factory and it is not believed the current version has this issue.

comments

michel wrote Apr 25, 2007 at 10:06 PM

It even gives me an out of memory exception when it used 1,67 of the 3 gig.

michel wrote Apr 25, 2007 at 10:06 PM

It even gives me an out of memory exception when it used 1,67 of the 3 gig.

michel wrote Apr 25, 2007 at 10:06 PM

Everything has been disabled and the 30 minute problem is gone. I can load my solution of 25 projects in within 10 seconds. Now the Data Access Guide is completely destroyed (it throws a file not found exception) with the new install and the rest of the Guides I won't enable because that will at least take 20 minutes again. My Visual Studio has gone from 850mb in memory to 180mb in memory. I've checked for other applications which could be involved. But the main line is that everything is normal when I disable all the guides and everything takes for ever and generates about 20 types of exceptions throughout visual studio when I enable all the guides of the Service Factory.

michel wrote Apr 25, 2007 at 10:06 PM

The Data Access Package Enabling Exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library.Actions.CreateUnboundReferenceAction, Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Couldn't find assembly Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library. at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetAssembly(AssemblyName assemblyName, Boolean throwOnError) at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.AliasResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.GetInstance[T](ITypeResolutionService resolution, String concreteType) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.LoadActionsFromConfiguration(ITypeResolutionService resolution) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.Add(IComponent component, String name) at System.ComponentModel.Container.Add(IComponent component) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.EnablePackage(XmlReader configuration) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.EnablePackage(String packageName) at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.PackageManagement.EnableDisablePackages.OnOkClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

donsmith wrote Apr 25, 2007 at 10:06 PM

I'm just associating this issue the the appropriate release. Please email me at dons@microsoft.com and I will get someone on the team to work with you to resolve this issue. Thanks michel.

michel wrote Apr 25, 2007 at 10:06 PM

Everything is repared again. The product missed a library named: Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library. This had to be added to the IDE directory. Now everything works again, but the 20 minute problem still exists as it does since the first version of the Software Factory. But it still save a lot of time in development.