This version of the service factory (source code only) is the first CTP of the upcoming "open source" edition of the factory.
These are the main features and changes:
- GAX free (no more dependency with GAX)
- WCF Security Code Analysis added from WSSF v2 and updated to FxCop version from VS2010
- Bug fixes
- No more WSSF solution template (the WSSF menu options will show up on any compliant project and will let add models and WCF/ASMX templates)
- Translator recipe removed. Writing translators is up to the user or it might be added using MEF extensibility.
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (Ultimate or Premium)
• Visual Studio 2010 SDK
• Visual Studio 2010 Visualization and Modeling SDK
Steps to Build:
• Download and unzip the source code to a folder like c:\mytest (or other foder, avoid using long folder path)
• Start Visual Studio 2010
• Open C:\mytest\Source\Open Web Service Software Factory 2010.sln
- Note: If you use VS 2010 Professional version, you need to remove the FXCop.Rules.WcfSemantic project and the reference to it from the above solution.
• build the solution
• Set as start up project "Package\Service Factory Package"
• Hit F5 and open a new project (in Experimental hive)
Notice that a vsix file will be generated on each build in "Source\Vsix Drops" that will include the deployment package for the VSIP extension.
When runing in exp.mode, is normal to get duplicate models in the Model picker dialog (Add new model...).
This will not happend when deploying in a new box on the regular hive.
NOTE: This source version is not in sync with the Hands on labs. You should use the shipped source version here: http://servicefactory.codeplex.com/releases/view/44037
Thanks for any feedback.