could not rebuild V3b38

May 3, 2007 at 8:19 PM
I could not rebuild the solution.
It build successfully when going in the configuration manager and unchecking the build for :
DataContractDsl
DataContractDslPackage
ServiceContractDsl
ServiceContractDslPackage

otherwise i get 4 errors :

Can't start preprocessor(2) : file CTC : Project : DataContractDslPackage
Can't start preprocessor(2) : file CTC : Project : DataContractDslPackage
Can't start preprocessor(2) : file CTC : Project : ServiceContractDslPackage
Can't start preprocessor(2) : file CTC : Project : ServiceContractDslPackage

All the necessary files requested are intalled successfully and i follow the started here instructions at the letter.
What the matter??

May 4, 2007 at 3:06 PM
This is an issue with the CTC preporcessor. Which versions of Visual Studio do you have installed? This may be a problem with path ordering and picking up the wrong version of the CTC processor.

Ade
May 4, 2007 at 3:39 PM
hi ade
i'm using VS2005 PRO version8.0.
but now it's really the mess
i couldn't install or uninstall clarius software so i couldn't uninstal guidance automation extension to upgrade to the 1.2 version
Could u give me a real mean to undeploy all these packages.
So i could restart with a clean installation.
thanks
May 7, 2007 at 6:54 PM
I'm going to need more detail as to why the Clarius package doesn't install. Without this even if you can build the SLN you will not be able to use it.

Ade
May 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM
hi ade thanks for u'r reply.
I'd uninstall all the guidance package and the clarius software following the clarius blog and uninstall the guidance extension with the msi cleanup tool.
Then i clean my register base and restart.
Intall again the GAX, GAT and clarius. all doing good during installation.
But it seems the uninstall didn't enjoy my visual studio pro so i couldn't work neither with the guidance package and clarius.
I decided to uninstall all these packages and coding my WS by hand waiting a stable Web service Factory official release.
Sorry i've not really the time to debug or search where is the problem.
Continue the good work, i'm waiting for the release.
thanks again.
JPP
May 7, 2007 at 9:05 PM
You need C++ installed as part of VS in order to get the CTC preprocessor. This is documented in the requirements. I've confirmed that the "Can't start preprocessor(2)" error is what you'd see if C++ was not installed.

I look forward to hearing your feedback on the next binary drop.

Thanks,

Ade
May 7, 2007 at 9:23 PM
Yes it was what i imagine also.
If i get time i will reinstall my VS to get back the guidance package and so on.
ThKS.
JPP