V3 drop problem

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Apr 19, 2007 at 9:06 AM
I'm getting the following error when I try to create a ServiceModel.
Any idea ?

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to class type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.Shell.SingleDiagramDocView'. Instances of types that represent COM components cannot be cast to types that do not represent COM components; however they can be cast to interfaces as long as the underlying COM component supports QueryInterface calls for the IID of the interface.
at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.Dsl.Integration.Helpers.DesignerHelper.GetWindowFrameProperty(IServiceProvider provider, __VSFPROPID propertyId)
at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.Dsl.Integration.Helpers.DesignerHelper.GetModelDocView(IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.Dsl.Integration.Helpers.DomainModelHelper.GetSelectedShape(IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.References.HasArtifactLinksReference.IsEnabledFor(Object target) in D:\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WssfV3Src\Service Factory Guidance Package\Service Factory Guidance Package\References\HasArtifactLinksReference.cs:line 55
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to class type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.Shell.SingleDiagramDocView'. Instances of types that represent COM components cannot be cast to types that do not represent COM components; however they can be cast to interfaces as long as the underlying COM component supports QueryInterface calls for the IID of the interface.
at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.Dsl.Integration.Helpers.DesignerHelper.GetWindowFrameProperty(IServiceProvider provider, __VSFPROPID propertyId)
at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.Dsl.Integration.Helpers.DesignerHelper.GetModelDocView(IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.Dsl.Integration.Helpers.DomainModelHelper.GetSelectedShape(IServiceProvider provider)
at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.References.HasArtifactLinksReference.IsEnabledFor(Object target) in D:\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WssfV3Src\Service Factory Guidance Package\Service Factory Guidance Package\References\HasArtifactLinksReference.cs:line 55
Apr 19, 2007 at 5:52 PM
Edited Apr 19, 2007 at 5:55 PM
So you get this when you right click on the model project an try and add a Service model using the recipe attached to the menu?

Which drop are you using? The binary (19) or source drop (27)?
Apr 20, 2007 at 7:35 AM
I right click on my Service1.Model and click on Create Model.
Then I choose the ServiceModel option (the same goes for DataContractModel), enter a name.
The error occur after clicking on Finish.
I'm using this file ServiceFactorySource-v3b27.zip

What I forgot to mention is that I'm having 2 compilations errors :
Error 1 Unknown section header D:\\Visual Studio 2005\\Projects\\WssfV3Src\\Data Contract DSL\\DslPackage\\CtcComponents\\..\\GeneratedCode\\GeneratedCmd.h 1 DataContractDslPackage
Error 2 Unknown section header D:\\Visual Studio 2005\\Projects\\WssfV3Src\\Service Contract DSL\\DslPackage\\CtcComponents\\..\\GeneratedCode\\GeneratedCmd.h 1 ServiceContractDslPackage

Please help.

AdeMiller wrote:
So you get this when you right click on the model project an try and add a Service model using the recipe attached to the menu?

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:01 PM
So the DSLs aren't building correctly? You should not get any compilation errors or warnings (warnings are set to cause errors in al projects). The error you're seeing is related to the CTC compiler. Do you have C++ installed? The DSL Tools require the CTC compiler to hook up menus etc. It seems like this is missing or isn't installed correctly.

Ade
Apr 24, 2007 at 11:49 AM
Hi,

I dont have VS2005 C++ installed.
Do I have to installe it ?
What is CTC compiler ? Is it an alternative to VS2005 C++ ?

Thanks.
Philippe
Apr 24, 2007 at 5:05 PM
This problem may also occur if you have Visual Studio 6.0 installed and its path appears before the Visual Studio 2005 path. Do you happen to have Visual Studio 6.0 installed?

-b

plombaer wrote:
Then I choose the ServiceModel option (the same goes for DataContractModel), enter a name.

Error 1 Unknown section header D:\\Visual Studio 2005\\Projects\\WssfV3Src\\Data Contract DSL\\DslPackage\\CtcComponents\\..\\GeneratedCode\\GeneratedCmd.h 1 DataContractDslPackage
Error 2 Unknown section header D:\\Visual Studio 2005\\Projects\\WssfV3Src\\Service Contract DSL\\DslPackage\\CtcComponents\\..\\GeneratedCode\\GeneratedCmd.h 1 ServiceContractDslPackage

Please help.

AdeMiller wrote:

Apr 26, 2007 at 6:33 AM
Yes, I've Visual Studio 6 installed.
Are there any side effect if I revert the paths ?

brumfb wrote:
This problem may also occur if you have Visual Studio 6.0 installed and its path appears before the Visual Studio 2005 path. Do you happen to have Visual Studio 6.0 installed?

-b

plombaer wrote:

Please help.

AdeMiller wrote:

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:07 PM
It would only affect which tool were loaded if there were a name conflict between visual studio 6.0 and 2005 (which may be what is going on with the ctc tool). I don't remember if there are any other conflicts, but I would save the original path setting just in case.

-b

plombaer wrote:
Yes, I've Visual Studio 6 installed.
Are there any side effect if I revert the paths ?

brumfb wrote:

-b

plombaer wrote:

Please help.

AdeMiller wrote: