WSSF with Enterprise Library 3.0

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Apr 10, 2007 at 10:33 AM
Hi,

will WSSF work with EntLib 3.0?

Alex
Apr 10, 2007 at 11:05 AM
I'm using (in test applications) WSSF with data access and validation blocks without any problem.
Developer
Apr 10, 2007 at 11:32 AM
The new version of WSSF (v3) will work with EntLib 3.0 but WSSF v2 is currently working with EntLib v2. However, you should be able to generate code with the current version of WSSF without issues.
Apr 10, 2007 at 6:48 PM
Thank you both

Alex
Oct 15, 2007 at 9:53 AM
I'm trying to use the validation blocks of EntLib3.0 with WSSF(last realese) and I'm having problems to make the MessageTemplate be considered when I use the ObjectValidator in a Message Contract: a generic "default" error description is sent inside the FaultException and not the MessageTemplate I put in the DataContract that specify that object!!!
Any suggestion?

For example:
In the file UpdateAnagraficaReq that specify the MessageContract ==>

MessageContract
public class UpdateAnagraficaArmadioReq
{
private String ID;
private Anagrafica anagrafica;

MessageBodyMember(Order = 0)
NotNullValidator
StringLengthValidator(16, 16, MessageTemplate = "ID must be of 16 chars")
//This MessageTemplate is correctly considered in case of input error

public String ID
{
get { return ID; }
set { ID = value; }
}

MessageBodyMember(Order = 1)
ObjectValidator
//IF A VALIDATION ERROR OCCUR IN THIS OBJECT, ONLY GENERIC CAUSE IS DISPLAYED AND NOT
//THE MessageTemplate SPECIFIED IN THE ELEMENT OF THAT Object

public AnagraficaArmadioInfo AnagraficaArmadio
{
get { return anagraficaArmadioInfo; }
set { anagraficaArmadioInfo = value; }
}
}

In the file that specify the DataContract for the object used ibn the MessageContract ==>

DataContract(Namespace = "http://DataContracts/2007/04", Name = "Anagrafica")
public partial class AnagraficaInfo
{
private String indirizzo;

DataMember(IsRequired = false, Name = "Indirizzo", Order = 0)
IgnoreNulls
StringLengthValidator(1, 255, MessageTemplate = "The address must be max 255 chars")
//THIS MESSAGE IS NEVER DISPLAYED AND ONLY THE GENERIC FAULT "The value is not null and failed all
// its validation rules for key "Indirizzo". Key=Indirizzo Tag=request" IS DISPLAYED
public String Indirizzo
{
get { return indirizzo; }
set { indirizzo = value; }
}

Oct 15, 2007 at 9:57 AM
NOTE: once posted my previous request, all square brackes ("[") I put, disappear ... take note of that!
Dec 4, 2008 at 7:54 PM
Did you find a solution for this. I'm having the same problem. Cant see the MessageTemplate value on the client.
Dec 5, 2008 at 10:59 AM
No. I didn't find a solution ... for the time being I accespted to have client site a generic error indication. I hope that some one can explain why it happens and suggest how to solve it!