Data Contracts and Business entities can not be recognized by WSSF Recipe mapping wizard

Topics: General Discussion Forum
Apr 2, 2007 at 1:12 AM
Edited Apr 2, 2007 at 1:37 AM
I quickly went through the new released WCF lab these days.

That might be my mistakes, but the message contract wizard faild to recognize the data contracts which were generated from XML schema and decorated with data contracts in current namespace. I don't know whether this is a bug or something I have missed. Finally, I created them manually to complete the practise.

And when I was doing the exercise 6, All the business entities I created could not be recognized mapping form by the service contract translation wizard too.

Then, I tried the ASMX version which I succeefully completed before. I accounted the same problem. I realize this may be a bug of WSSF. Because all the software was installed properly and successfully.

After the reinstall, the problem continues. What Can I do? Reinstall the VS? There is no error or exception information.

Sorry, for my poor English.
Apr 2, 2007 at 8:44 PM
Did you re compiled the projects after running the wizard for creating the message contract? (this should get your already created data contracts show up in the type picker of the message contract wizard.
Remember that you always have the "Completed" solution on each exercise to campare against yours and check if you have any problems.
Same goes for Ex6. You need to complile your sln before running the wizards.
Apr 6, 2007 at 2:17 AM
Edited Apr 6, 2007 at 2:18 AM
Thank you Charly,

The problem was solved after reinstall Visual Studio. I did recompilation in every progress. The problem may be caused by a third party add-on of visual studio. I don't know which the exact plug-in is respond for it. I will let you know if I find the "inside man".