Loading table takes forever

Topics: General Discussion Forum, Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Mar 20, 2007 at 10:24 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2007 at 10:25 PM
Hi there,
new to the Web Service factory and getting familiar with the product.
I was playing with it and noticed that when using the wizard loading tables it takes too long.
I was testing it using our work database of 2000 tables and 3000 stored procedures.I have not looked at the code but it looks like that those are not loaded on demand and therefore taking long time.

That's all
Thanks

PS.
Wondering when the Hands on lab for WCF are coming out.Could I consided the ASMX ones the same more or less?
Developer
Mar 21, 2007 at 3:53 PM
That number of tables will certainly take quite some time to load (and resources as well) since the current implementation does not use paging and will try to get all the tables information in one shot. However, you may change the recipe to allow paging or other "on-demand" techinque. Let me investigate the fastest way to do this, but I cannot guarantee that it will be easy :).

Thanks,
Charly

PS: The WCF+ASMX new version of HOL should be out very soon (most likely today!!)
Mar 21, 2007 at 4:16 PM
Edited Mar 21, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Are you saying that the new WCF HOL will be posted today 21 mar 2007?Fantastic.I am really struggling to understand some bits of the architecture and the hol will be a great help!!!!!!

Regarding loading tables ,loading a treeview one shot will collapse any application where they have a decent number of tables and so on...

I know little about recipes and therefore I dont think i could change it.
However I have written a small generator myself and used smo extensivily and loaded the treeview on demand .I then recursevely expanded/checked the children when the parent node was checked.
Without this change it will be impossible to use WSSF in our company.

(We moving all the apps from vb6 to a Soa Architecture and were looking for a framework and I found this one)hopefully I have suggested the right thing to my boss.We have no time to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks again for your reply.
Mar 23, 2007 at 8:04 AM

charlyfriend wrote:
That number of tables will certainly take quite some time to load (and resources as well) since the current implementation does not use paging and will try to get all the tables information in one shot. However, you may change the recipe to allow paging or other "on-demand" techinque. Let me investigate the fastest way to do this, but I cannot guarantee that it will be easy :).

Thanks,
Charly

PS: The WCF+ASMX new version of HOL should be out very soon (most likely today!!)

Hi there
you said that the new HOL were ready.Is this the case?When can we download them?
Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.