EntLib 4.0 Policy Extensions for WSSF (Web Service Software Factory) type reflection error

Topics: Service Factory Modeling Edition Forum
Jan 22, 2010 at 8:05 AM

When I try and use this extension I get the following error in the Microsoft Recipe Framework output ‘There was an error reflecting type 'Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Wcf.WCFDataContract'’

Subsequently it resets the order of the members of data contracts, and I am unable to generate code.

In the 'source' Xml I can seethat the errors are there, it just zaps them on loading them in to the model designer.

Anyone know what this is down to, how to fix it? I'm sure I have followed all the instructions.

When I use reflector and open up 'Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Wcf' the assembly reference

// Assembly Reference Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration
Version: 3.1.0.0
Name: Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

Cannot be found. I've tried searching everywhere but cannot find an assembly of that name (except generated by the source, but that's no good because it won't be signed with the same private key).

In the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Service Factory Feb 2008\Guidance Package\Lib folder is Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration.Strategies.dll, but not Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration.dll

Matt

Developer
Jan 23, 2010 at 2:57 PM
Hi Matt, You should find that dll in one of the binary installation folders and it's likely to be GACed as well. Regarding the former error from WCFDataContract, can you send the stack trace from the package output? Thanks, Hernan
Jan 24, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Uninstalling and re-installing (again) made it appear in the GAC

ta

Matt

Jan 29, 2010 at 12:26 PM

As I said, I found it in c:\windows\assemblies, but nowhere else.

Reflector still fails to resolve it:

'The following assemble cannot be resolved automatically

Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

What do you mean by 'the stack trace from the package output'?

Jan 29, 2010 at 12:26 PM

As I said, I found it in c:\windows\assemblies, but nowhere else.

Reflector still fails to resolve it:

'The following assemble cannot be resolved automatically

Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.CodeGeneration, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

What do you mean by 'the stack trace from the package output'?

Developer
Feb 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I was referring to the full error description from the output window. On the other hand, that asm is only in the GAC according to what you decribe. I wwould suggest to copy also to the local folder of the guidance package with the rest of the binaries. 

You may also try to reset the Exp hive and run a ful rebuild and package registration.

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Entering constructor for: Microsoft.VisualStudio.ShellConfig.ShellConfigPackage
Entering Initialize() of: Microsoft.VisualStudio.ShellConfig.ShellConfigPackage
(*) Error: 0 : There was an error reflecting type 'Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Wcf.WCFDataContract'.
(*) Error: 0 : There was an error reflecting type 'Microsoft.Practices.ServiceFactory.Extenders.DataContract.Wcf.WCFDataContract'.
Initializing Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.Dsl.Service.DslIntegrationPackage

Message: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
EventId: 1000
Severity: Error
Title:Code Generation