Create data repository classes recipe does not find my generated CRUD stored procedures

Topics: July and December Releases Forum
Mar 9, 2007 at 7:08 PM
I used the “Create business entities from database” recipe to create my business entities. Then I used the “Create CRUD stored procedures” recipe to create stored procedures for my database. When I run the “Create data repository classes from business entities” recipe the wizard does not find the Insert and Update stored procedures. Anyone know why?
Mar 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM
Is this only happening to me?

This is a really frustrating bug. I have to point an click my way through mapping all the columns in the stored procedures to all the properties in the business entity. And!!!! the the mapping UI has a bug that forces me to click on each column name / business entity property twice to actually select it.
Mar 14, 2007 at 5:39 AM
Regarding your first post, you need to upload to your DB the generated script (.sql file) that was created in your Data Access project.
After that, you will be able to see the Insert and Update SPs.

In order to reproduce the issue in you second post, I may need a bit more info describing the sequence you followed and the values you selected in order to get to your problem.

Thanks,
Charly
Mar 14, 2007 at 4:50 PM
The stored procedures have already been added to the DB. The issue is that the recipe only findings the DeleteEntitiy and GetAllFromEntity stored procedures when it guides me through the Mapping Properties section. So, I have to click the "Add" button to add the "Get One", "Insert One", Update One, and "Delete One" stored procedures.

Also:
  • The Cancel button on the Edit Mappings form does not work. I have to click the X at the top right hand side of the window.

• There is a bug on all the List box on the Edit Mappings form. If a users clicks an item that is in the same position in the list as the item that was previously mapped, they will have to click on it twice (not double click.) For example, if I have a list of 3 stored procedure columns (address, name, phone) and a list of three business entity properties (address, name, phone); The first time I click on "address" on either list, the item is selected and I can click the "Add Mappings" button. After that, if I click on the "name" item in either list I will have to click on it twice in order to select it. If I click on "phone" instead it is selected on first click because it is in the second position in the list and my previous mapping was from the first position on the list.

• Why doesn't the Edit Mappings form automatically map columns and properties that have the same name? If not automatically, why not have a button for it?

Mar 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM
Steve,
I have dealt with the same set of issues in the work I have been doing and have made changes to the recipe to deal with the ones that are most problematic to me (see http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=7652). I would like to make the source available, but don't know the process for doing this. charlyfriend was looking into the solution, but hasn't reported back yet. So, if we can figure out how to get the changes posted, it should help you out. It has made my life a lot easier.
John
Mar 15, 2007 at 3:11 PM
Guys, I expect to have a soon response to the code publising in a special page (Community Contributions or the like) where you may upload these useful samples.
I'll let you know when ready.

Best,
Charly
Apr 17, 2007 at 10:28 PM
I am experiencing all of the exact problems that you are, Steve. I know that John has customized his recipe to accommodate his specific issues, but I was wondering if the root of the problem has ever been determined. I don't necessarily feel comfortable modifying the Guidance Package and recipes, plus the time involved with that would negate the benefits of having a Guidance Package and recipes in the first place. It is horribly painful to click through the mapping wizard 100 times or to create the all of the repository and factory classes by hand.
Apr 18, 2007 at 3:45 AM
Unfortunatly no. I was unable to work around issue with the standard package. I ended up using the John's package and with a few more tweaks.
Apr 18, 2007 at 3:50 AM
Also, you might want to check out http://www.nettiers.com/. I found that it was a much more complete implementation of patterns and practices. It creates an end to end ORM solution complete with webservice / winforms / website and unit tests. It's pretty slick.
Apr 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM
Thanks. I'll check the site out, but it's starting to get a little late in the project to switch to a new ORM solution. Any knowledge gained is always good though.
Jun 15, 2007 at 4:09 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2007 at 4:10 PM
Aug 29, 2007 at 4:09 PM
Any solution for this issue?

I installed everything again, but it is still there. Can't get list of stored procedures