Installation not working

Topics: July and December Releases Forum
Feb 23, 2007 at 10:22 AM
Someone please help ... I've spent almost the whole night installing/uninstalling GAX/GAT and WSSF over and over again. I'm having a strange problem where if I go to New -> Project i see the Guidance Packages and under it i see Guidance Package Deployment, however, i do not see any of the templates that should have been installed with WSSF, such as the ASMX or WCF templates. I am on WinXP SP2 using vs2005.

I even had framework 3.0 and enterprise library installed, and decided to take everything out and do a clean install and still no help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....
Developer
Feb 23, 2007 at 11:50 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2007 at 11:50 AM
This thread discussion: No Project Templates after installation has a similar issue.
Let me know if this does not solve your problem.

Charly
Feb 23, 2007 at 4:24 PM
Charly,

I've already taken a look at that post, that doesn't work for me. My issue is very simple, I did one install of the GAX/GAT plus WSSF on my desktop, which is win2k and vs2005. The install went smooth with no problem, however, when i did the same thing on my winxp laptop, which also has vs2005, it just doesn't work.

The strange thing is everything installs ok with no issues, but i dont see the templates. As i said earlier, i only see one template for the Guidance Package Deployment. Its as if the WSSF packages had never been installed.

Any ideas ?